Monday, August 12, 2013

Temporary Freedom

First things first, momma's new pills are magic.   I have felt more rested in the past three days than I have felt since I was getting regular naps in kindergarten.  I feel like a new person.  I set my alarm for 5:15 this morning and literally hopped out of bed and went for a run.  Seriously.  Sure it took me a minute or two to really wake up, but if this were a week ago, I would have fell right back to sleep while I was lacing up my Nikes.  So, thank you sweet doctor lady.  This is the kind of work that will get you labeled a saint.

The only reason I had to wake up so early is I had to have Joey and Olive at the Humane Society at 7:45 in the stinkin' morning.  My two youngest babies are getting fixed today.  Olive handled it like a pro.  She sat in the carrier and didn't make a peep.


Joey, on the other hand, in all her middle child glory, and because she's my child, made it into a bit of spectacle.  I, of course, assisted her in making sure everybody knew we were there.


While Joey was busy sniffing and licking everything and begging everybody to play with her, I was fucking up paperwork.  The only rule at this place, is if you don't fill out your paperwork properly, you go to the back of the line.  So, arriving 30 minutes early to their appointment was completely cancelled out by the fact that I'm an idiot.  After I figured out how to follow simple instructions, I waited for about a hour to get called back, and then came the hard part:  leaving my babies.  Olive wasn't too bad, because she didn't seem to care at all, but Joey?  Jesus.  After all 55 pounds of her tried to unsuccessfully crawl into my lap, and I was able to walk her over to the vet tech, the real drama started.  Joey somehow does the child equivalent of wrapping her arms around my legs by getting in between my legs and getting one paw wrapped around my ankle.  Mr. Vet Tech was super nice to her so eventually was able to coax her away from me, but as soon as she got down the hallway I think she realized she just made a huge mistake.  I wish I was camera ready for the look she turned around and gave me.  It was a soul crushing, heart breaking look of absolute sadness.  I'm sure you can all guess how I reacted to that.



I wish I could say that was the first time I've probably made the waiting room of a Vet's office horribly uncomfortable, but we all know that would the biggest lie of my life.

At this point, there is no way in hell I'm going home, I wanted to be as close as possible in case anything went wrong with my ladybugs.  So, I left to find the nearest Starucks to hang in until it was pick up time, but somehow I got lost and ended up at a Bail Bonds Office.  Don't ask.  Then I realized, I had in my possession, four, calm, (almost) pet free hours.  Nobody needed to be walked, nobody was chewing on a chair, nobody was trying to stand on my head.  That food I drop on the floor?  Nobody there to eat it before I can pick it up and pop it into my mouth.  So, I hauled ass home to get lots of sweeping, laundry, and scrubbing done, and it kind of looked like this:

 
To hell with productivity, I plan on seeing how many Triscuits I can fit in my mouth at one time. 

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate. I was a nervous wreck when Dustin took Win to the vet to get fixed. I called and checked on him to make sure he did everything right.

    ReplyDelete