Thursday, August 22, 2013

6 Things

I started this blog hoping to write two, maybe three times a week, but once I started, I realized I really like talking to you guys.  So, I've been bugging you via the Internet five to six times a week.  You just can't get rid of me.  Anywho, when I sat down to write today, I couldn't think of anything to write about.  Actually, I did have something to write, but I'm saving that for tomorrow because I'm hoping to get a happy ending out of it.  Luckily, sweet sweet Adriana from Dog Hair Is An Accessory tagged me in her post last night, and since she's awesome and funny and was nice enough to give me a super awesome shout out the other day, I shall do as I'm told.  And when you're done catching up on me, you should head over to her neck of the Internet.  You'll like it, I promise.  So, here are six things you may or may know about the Tina.

Hey there.

1.  Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Definitely read.  And I do not discriminate.  I will read everything.  I don't care if it involves sparkly vampires or the Starks of Winterfell, I'm all over that shit.

2.  How did your blog come about?
I studied for a test to become registered for work for about 18 months.  That's a lot of not so fun reading, and it's all I did in my spare time.  Once I aced that sucker, I needed something to take up some of that study time, and after a few sweet, encouraging comments from some Facebook friends on a few of my status updates, I figured I would give it go.  Plus, I have a really bad habit of telling the same story over and over again, and now I just assume I've blogged about it, and since everybody I'll ever talk to obviously reads this,  no need for repetitive story time.  So really, I'm doing this for you guys.

3.  Tell us something we don't know about you.
I have a touch of OCD.  Nothing too crazy that interferes with my everyday life and would require a show on A&E, but if I walk by something and accidentally touch it, I have to make sure I touch it again so I've done so an even amount of times.  It's weird, and I'm unsure if it would keep me awake at night if I was unable to do it, because I've never let myself only touch something once.  Well, maybe when I'm drunk, because I just run into stuff and don't care.  But if I bump into the kitchen counter, you better believe I'm touching it again before I leave the room. 

4.  What's your biggest struggle in life?
My weight and eating habits.  Once a fat kid, always a fat kid, am I right?  No matter how in or out of shape I am, I will always think just a little too much about where that pizza is going, or what exactly will happen if I don't work out today.  In all of my 27 years of life though, that little voice in the back of my head is the quietest she has ever been, and she lets me enjoy those carbohydrates a lot more than she used to.

5.  Name one good deed you did that went unseen.
I actually do this pretty frequently, and depending on whether or not you're a neighbor of mine, you might not think it's that good of a deed, but whatever, it's getting me into Heaven.  You want to know why all the stray cats like to hang around Winter Park?  Because I feed them.  Yep.  Act surprised.  Anytime I come across a cat without a collar or who looks a little homely, I drive straight to the store, pick up some cat food, and make that little dude think Thanksgiving came early.  Don't worry, I do plenty of good deeds that involve people, but I think we all know what takes priority in Tina Land.

6.  What's the best piece of advice anyone has given you?
Big Girls Don't Cry. Le boyfriend has zero tolerance for crying.  There is a time and a place for it and 99% of the time girls shouldn't be doing it.  Does everybody need a good cry every now and then?  Sure.  But that's what PMS is for.  After one little 'suck it up' speech from him where he basically made me realize how absolutely amazing I have it, I rarely ever turn on the waterworks, unless somebody yells at me, but I'm getting much better at that.  Now, this was probably more for his benefit, but he was definitely right, I don't really have anything to cry about, and realizing that made me see everything much differently than I used to, in a good way.

And there you have it, six things you didn't know about me.  Maybe.  Actually, let's face it, I talk too much, so you probably did know.  

Christina
(Bet some of you guys didn't know that was my real first name, did ya?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment