Tuesday, July 16, 2013

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

No, it's not Christmas yet, but hold on tight, only five months left. Drum roll, please....


If you happen to see that little boy up there around town, make sure you wish him a very happy birthday, because, that's right, it's my birthday.  Twenty freakin' seven.  Is that late twenties now?  Jesus.  In honor of the high number that is my age, here is a list of 27 things you might not know about me, some of them I'm a little ashamed of.  Here we go:

1.  I had that bowl cut for the better part of my adolescence.  Thanks mom.
2.  I was also that chubby for all of my adolescence, and then some.  Thanks chicken nuggets.
3.  I was terrified of dogs until I was 20.
4.  I have always been terrified of birds, specifically chickens.
5.  I haven't touched red meat, poultry, or pork in 3 1/2 years.
6.  I'm OBSESSED with Lizard Lick Towing.  (That's one of the one's I'm ashamed of).
7.  My eyes are two different colors.
8.  I have two bachelors degrees. (What, what!)
9.  I have two matching tattoos with my best friend, because I know she's one of the handful of people who are permanent in my life.
10.  I have over 15 tattoos.
11.  I was fluent in American Sign Language for a solid three years.
12.  I owe my life to my aunt, who pulled me out of a lake when I was drowning when I was about four years old.
13.  I've only been grounded once in my life.  For one day.
14.  I'm terrified of heights, but love to fly.
15.  Mystic River is my favorite movie, but never fails to ruin my entire day.
16.  I've never met a real life crime television show that I haven't spent days binge watching on Netflix.
17.  I couldn't stand kids until I met my first niece and nephew.
18.  I had an iguana for six months.  She hated me and refused to eat for two weeks until she died.
19.  Some shoe stores don't carry my size, because my feet are that stinkin' huge.
20.  This vegetarian realllllly misses chicken wings.
21.  My least favorite question is 'did your septum piercing hurt?' because I passed out in the middle of getting it done and didn't feel a thing.  (Shame)
22.  I traded in my car for an SUV because my dog couldn't fit comfortably in my car any longer.
23.  Snow really freaks me out.  Never want to be around it.  No thank you.
24.  I miss the days when a person's political affiliation was nobody else's business.
25.  I'm the most loyal person you'll ever meet.  Just ask Subway, I worked for them for almost ten years.
26.  My current boyfriend  is the only serious one I've ever had.  He's also my favorite one.
27.  I've only broken one bone:  My left pinky finger when a boy named Corey pushed me into a fence at Daycare.

Whew.  Coming up with that list was actually a lot easier than I thought.  As I sit here typing this, I am thankful to have made it to 27.  Many people aren't so lucky, and especially not lucky enough to come across the people that I have during those years.  I love you all.  Now, celebrate accordingly.  You can drink entirely too much alcohol, as I did on Saturday, or take a least three naps and eat twice as many cupcakes as I plan on doing today.  Your choice.


How are those two pictures the same person?  Whatever.  Happy Birthday to meeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment