Sunday, September 29, 2013

Twins!

Eleven years ago today, I earned my favorite title in the entire world:  Aunt Tina.  Ok, I didn't really do much that day to 'earn' anything but I put up with their mother as my sister for the previous sixteen years to that, so let's just say I earned it.   Two of my most favorite people in all of the world were born eleven years ago today.




That pretty lady on the left, is Kaia, one of the funniest, silliest people I know.  Having my mom tell me she takes after me is still the greatest compliment I've ever received.




That cute boy on the right up there is Caiden, one of the sweetest, most loving people I know.  He was the first boy I ever fell in love, and definitely the boy I love the most.





Fun fact:  They're the reason I go by Tina now instead of Christina.  Turns out, those extra five letters are really hard for two year olds to say.  Anyway, I could gush for days over these two guys, but instead, I leave you with some of my favorite quotes from the two of them.




Caiden: "Aunt Tina, how old are you?"
Me: "How old do you think I am?"
Caiden: "Oh no, I'm not doing that."


Caiden: "Aunt Tina! I need $500."
Me: "For what?"
Caiden: "Netflix."


Kaia: "How come you don't have a hamburger?"
Me: "I don't eat meat."
Kaia: "Are you allergic?"
Me: "No, I just don't like to eat animals."
Kaia: "Well, I do. L-O-V-E it."


Caiden: "Kaia got a ring from Lord of the Rings, and we think it really works!"
Me: "Are you sure about that?"
Caiden: "Probably works better than your fake Harry Potter wand."


Caiden: "Aunt Tina, I have a girlfriend!"
Me: "WHAT??!! How old is she? What grade is she in?"
Caiden: "Ummmm...well..."
Me: "You don't know?! Do you even like her?"
Caiden: "....Listen, she's really pretty."


Me: "What are you guys doing tonight?"
Kaia: "I can't tell you that, but I can tell you I love you a lot."


Me: "How's school going?"
Kaia: "Whatever dude, it's almost Fri-day."


Caiden: "HissHisssssHissHissHisssssss!"
Me: "...Was that some Parseltongue you were just speaking?"
Caiden: "Duh."


Me: "I'm coming to see you on Sunday!"
Caiden: "Really?? Good, because I miss you a whole lot!"
Me: "I'm coming to see you on Sunday!"
Kaia: "Ummm, I'm about to eat some Hamburger Helper, so..."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Kaia:  "Can you guys just stop talking and get me some chicken nuggets?"

Caiden:  "Aunt Tina, why does David need a Nerf gun?  He's an adult with a beard."

Me:  "I'm going to work:"
Caiden:  "But it's night time, when do you sleep?"
Me:  "During the day."
Caiden:  "Like a bat!  Wait a minute..."

Kaia:  "Why don't you work at Texas Roadhouse anymore?"
Me:  "Because I got a big girl job."  
Kaia:  "But what about the butter?"

And each and every time the words 'I love you' come out of their mouths, my heart melts. I love you back, my sweet little angels and I miss you every single minute of every single day I don't get to be with you.



 I will be celebrating your birthday at a bar because I've been an aunt for eleven years and now I feel old.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment