Friday, September 27, 2013

Words To Live By

Boyfriend and I were hanging out on the couch watching 'Castle' yesterday afternoon, when one of the characters mention something about her life motto.  I'm not entirely sure what exactly that motto was because I was all filled up on Candy Crush lives, and wasn't exactly paying attention, but this prompted the babe to mention his life motto.  His life motto makes me want to punch him in the face.  It goes a little something like this:

Me:  "Babe, please don't do that."
BF:  "I do what I want!"

Me:  "You seriously can't be doing that right now."
BF:  "I do what I want!"

Me:  "Don't touch that!"
BF:  "I do what I want!"

I die a little bit inside every time he says it, mostly because it's so damn true.  The little shithead does whatever he wants. 


That would be him, on the reg.

Anyway, it got me thinking, what should my life motto be?  I would love for it to be that, but let's face it, I'm a people pleaser to the full extent, so I give plenty of fucks.  Here are few options though.

1.  Eat, Drink, and Be Merry


I'm mean, just look how excited some cake, wine, and a little bit of Jack Daniels gets me.  I could definitely jump on board this train.  Few things make my heart happy like some baked goods and alcohol.  Sad, but true.  Correction:  not sad, but still true.

2.  Dance Like Nobody's Watching

Ok, not so much 'dance like nobody's watching' but more 'dance only when nobody's watching'.  Because nobody should have to see it.

Oh, we're taking a picture?  Fuck that, I'm dancing.

Walk across the street?  How about we dance across the street.

I'm actually not even sure what's happening here.
I shouldn't dance.  Ever.  I'll keep doing it though.  Maybe just a little more 'alone in my living room' and a little less 'smack in the middle of a very crowded bar'.

3.  Keep Your Friends Close... 

I didn't finish that quote, because I don't feel like I have any enemies.  If I do...why don't you like me?! I'm kidding, I don't care.  No, seriously, why don't you like me?  If I haven't noticed that you hate, it's because I have too many amazing friends to distract me from your negativity, bud.  









I pretty much win in the friend department.  If you gave me a chance, we could be great friends.  Promise.  Ok, no seriously, why don't you like me?

Actually half of those babes up there live anywhere from two hours away to Montana, so I'm not doing such a good job keeping them close.  In fact, I chased one farther away.

4.  Life's a Beach

Within ten minutes of meeting me,  you can definitely tell I was born and raised in the Sunshine State.  I have the ever so slight hint of a Southern accent, year round tan lines, and an insane hatred toward temperatures under 85 degrees.  I was made for the water and sand.




Thank God Florida accepts my no nonsense attitude toward cold weather, and sneaks me in the occasional day during winter above 80 degrees.

5.  TGIF

I don't know if this necessarily fits in with everything else, but it is Friday.  Holla!  In celebration, I'm linking up with Whitney.

 

This song is rocking my world so hard right now.  Download it and learn the words, so next time you're in my car we can sing it together.


Peace out, Girl Scouts

No comments:

Post a Comment