Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Go Shawty, It's Your Birthday

Not mine.  I wish.  Twenty more days though! Email me for a list if you would like to buy me a present, because you should.  Today, my oldest is two years old!


They grow up so fast.  Actually they mostly stay the same size after their first birthday, but you know what I mean.  Last year I made it rain cat toys and treats all on her, like a good mother.  I tried to make that happen again this year, but Olive stole half of them and Joey ate the other half.  Oh the life of the oldest child.  I would feel bad for her but I was a middle child, so yeah.

For those of you who don't know, Penny was the human equivalent of 'an accident'.  And by 'accident' I mean, I didn't really ask the boyfriend before I got her.  Oops.  Accident.  November 2011, the week of Thanksgiving, I was scheduled to get my wisdom taken out.  Now, I know what you're thinking, 'why the heck would you get surgery on your mouth the week of America's biggest eating holiday?'.  Well, I don't like to eat animals,  so it wasn't that big of a loss for me.  I did eat roughly 18 pounds of mashed potatoes, which is what Thanksgiving is all about in Tina Land. Anywho, the weekend before my surgery I decided I would need some company while I was recovering, so I hopped up to PetCo with a quick I'm going to get a cat text to the bf, and brought home my Penny.





See, accident.  She was our first pet, and this was still a little early in the relationship, so I think my just bringing a cat home was a little charming.  Now that we're on to the third pet and coming up on our third anniversary, most of my antics are far from charming, I'm sure.  Each time I've decided to just get a cat, I always think to myself, 'What's he going to do, break up with me over a cat?'.  I feel like for every woman's house you go into with over five cats, there's a man somewhere out there she once thought the same thing about.

Ok, I better cool it before he does leave.  It took me seven years of dating to find a guy in Orlando who wasn't allergic to or didn't hate cats.  I better go buy him a cat, I mean present.  A cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment